It’s been a busy week, full of church activity. I sang on the worship team at my home church over the weekend, along with three of my kids and the rest of the Children’s School of Worship choir. The weekend also corresponded to our church’s “Christmas Marketplace,” where the very talented among our community display and sell homemade / handmade anything they want. My wife sold her homemade vanilla, vanilla sugar, and sugar scrubs. Naturally, our kids wanted in on the action and they sold chocolate balls and cupcakes that they made with a little help from the most amazing woman on the planet. After our third church service, I had an audition for a local commercial. By the end of the day, we were wiped. It’s not surprising that we are now dealing with various stages of “laryngitis and coughing fits.” Oh, and two lost teeth. But we’ve started Advent in our home and I pray in our hearts.
My gratitude list for the week.
- Sally Bennett and the other awesome leaders of Belmont Church’s School of Worship
- Blossoming leadership and the kind hearts of my children
- My daughter’s prodding to remember the “least of these”
- Professional relationships both new and growing
- Lunch with a friend who gets it