One of the biggest lessons I’ve been learning over the past ten years or so is that life is made up of seasons. 14 months ago my young family entered the most challenging season we’ve experienced when my position with a music publisher was deleted.
It has been quite the ride.
We prayed. We fasted. We dreamed. We wept. We fought. We loved. We doubted. We believed. I published my first book and ran my first half marathon. I became a writer of children’s music for my former employer.
I met lots of interesting people and acquired a gold Starbucks card. I wrote over 40 resumes and experienced the frustration of many online job applications. I was inspired by my kids, loved by my wife, and humbled by amazing friends.
And the season ends.
My introduction to DaVita was last October at a healthcare conference. It was there that I met a recruiter from Colorado who would eventually recommend me for a position here in Brentwood. A couple of interviews later and I got the job. I begin my position as an IT Business Consultant in early August.
And the season begins …
My gratitude list for the week:
- A fantastic employment opportunity and the excitement that has come with it
- Friends who have loved us so well throughout this process
- My wife, who never stopped believing in me
- A beautiful wedding and a biblical challenge
- My sweet Blue Eyes and the opportunity to baptize her
- Canoes and water and air conditioning
- Playing music with friends for a good cause
- Did I mention that I have a job?