I hope you’re all having a meaningful Holy Week. It’s been a busy week for me and I haven’t been great at taking as much time as I’d like to reflect on the cross of Jesus. I was forced to stop last night as I took my daughter to youth group. Our church had canceled last night’s service because of all the extra services going on towards the end of this week. (I’m singing / playing for the 6 p.m. Good Friday service).
For reasons unknown to me, our youth group pays no attention to silly things like “there are no church services this Wednesday night.” They meet anyway. My daughter wanted to go. I did not, but was afraid that my words of “no, I don’t feel like taking you to church” would come back later to haunt me. So, off we went.
I’m so glad we did and so grateful for our youth pastor, Tyler Merritt and the volunteers that faithfully serve our kids week after week. They forced me to look at the cross and my sin and his redemption. Here’s my gratitude list this week.
- Nature proclaiming resurrection life
- Lunch with an old friend
- Learning about digital book distribution from one who knows
- My first Diamond on the 1 presentation
- A Passover meal celebration at home with family and friends who inspire me
- New contacts and handshakes
- A great day in the studio tracking a new hymn arrangement
Have a fantastic Resurrection Sunday. He has risen!